The Gold Country Community Parish Senior Wellness Program is administered by Jeanne, Registered Nurse.
Our affiliations with health Professionals and organizations continues to thrive, enabling us to bring additional free and low cost health and wellness activities to our rural communities:
1. Mobility challenged older adults have benefited by our association with the Arthritis Foundation's Walk With Ease program brought to our communities by Placer Independent Resource Services (PIRS) for the last 2 years. The latest 18 session class ended on June 15.
2. Jen G., MSPT presented a very informative class on Living with and Managing Chronic Pain, and another valuable class on Fall Prevention Exercises and Techniques - and she has made herself available for future classes.
3. Staff at Placer Independent Resources will present a program in October on free and low cost home modifications and other free services to help seniors maintain independence and safety in their own homes
4. Jeanne is working to bring a class on Medical Emergencies in Older Adults - How to Recognize Them and What To Do When They Occur. New CPR guidelines will be discussed and demonstrated.
5. Watch for new information on affordable care giver resources coming soon.
The Beulah Grant application for 2016 Wellness Program activities was accepted.
Thank you to the many volunteers who make these services to glorify God in service to others possible!
Together in Christ,
GCCP Representative - Jeanne, BS, RN (retired)